Thursday, February 14, 2013

Mahishasura


Mysore. Chapter 1.

It’s hard to believe almost 5 weeks have gone by. I have some good stories and adventures to catch up on writing and sharing over the next few days, but in the morning I’m leaving Mysore to do some highly anticipated travel on the coast of India.

Living, studying and practicing in Mysore has been one of the greatest leaps and important experiences of my life to date. I'm leaving here on a wonderful note…the best way to go. I feel more happy than sad to leave, for I know what I’ve experienced and built here for myself with the help of this solid community. I’m grateful for each experience and person whom I’ve met and had the opportunity to chat or sweat or sing or laugh with, for every face I’ve been able to acknowledge with a smile or a nod or wiggle of the head, and even to share glances with. And while I’m really excited for the adventures that lie ahead, Mysore and the shala means I will always have a home to return to when I need it.

I said so long to my teachers and friends today. Relationships that I didn’t have 35 days ago and whose impact I still may not understand for some time have been established and I look forward to either watering them and watching them grow or to simply enjoying that they were. No matter the outcome, I’m grateful, I’m proud and I’m feeling the love.

Mahishasura masks made of cement and painted by these men. You can find these hanging outside of homes throughout the city to ward off evil. Mahishasura. Mahisha Demon. Namesake of Mysore. 

3 comments:

  1. Eager to read about your new adventures! And so happy I got to meet you in Mysore. :-) xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, karen! likewise. re-entry is a bit of beast...can't wait til next time :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you are still enjoying and giving yourself a break from blogging regularly to just be in the moment. Muah!

    ReplyDelete